Gospel for Asia Statement of Faith
- That the Bible is the verbally inspired, inerrant Word of God. It is the complete revelation of His will for salvation and the only unfailing rule of faith and practice for the Christian life.
- In one God, Creator of all things, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and that these three are co-eternal and of equal dignity and power.
- In the deity of Jesus Christ; His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit; His virgin birth; His sinless life; His substitutionary death on a cross; His bodily resurrection; His ascension to the right hand of the Father; and His personal, imminent return.
- That man was created by and for God; that by man's disobeying God, every person incurred spiritual death, which is separation from God, and physical death as a consequence; and that all people are sinners by nature and practice.
- The Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins and that all who believe in Him are declared righteous because of His sacrificial death and are, therefore, in right relationship with God.
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit indwelling all believers and thus enabling and empowering the life and ministry of the believer.
- In the bodily resurrection of everyone who has lived, the everlasting blessedness of those in right relationship with God, and the everlasting punishment of those who have rejected God's forgiveness in His Son.
The mission of Gospel for Asia's School of Discipleship is to assist men and women to become devout followers of Christ and to fulfill the great commission by enabling them to know Jesus more fully and intimately through the careful study of God's Word along with practical teaching and training relevant to each individual God given calling.
Vision/Goals for Students
- To learn practical skills, become more effective in your daily work i.e. time management, scheduling and public speaking.
- To make missions and reaching the lost a permanent part of your life no matter which vocation you choose.
- To learn to live a disciplined life, balanced with love and grace.
- To put into practice the daily study of God's Word, worship, prayer, love and servanthood so that it becomes true godly character and not just a learned habit.
- To learn that real Christianity is worked out within the body of believers.
- To embrace the cross (suffering and inconvenience) in order to follow Jesus.
- To understand that the Christian life and ministry cannot be lived apart from God's help.
- To learn that loving one another is the truest mark of a believer.
- To set personal goals and challenges for the year, along with carefully thought through steps on how to accomplish them.