Financial Integrity & Gospel for Asia
Our Commitment to You
GFA is firmly committed to good stewardship of the funds entrusted to us by our friends and donors. For more than 35 years, we, as a ministry, have been committed to honoring Christ in how we share His message of grace and mercy and how we steward the finances entrusted to us.
In 2017, more than 79 percent of Gospel for Asia's operating budget was used to minister to people’s spiritual and physical needs, including supporting national missionaries, helping the poor, developing communities in Asia and providing disaster relief and compassionate care.
Some highlights of how your donations helped the people of Asia in 2017:
- 234,356 families were helped through Christmas gifts.
- 289,033 women received free health care training to equip them to take care of their families.
- 50,624 women learned how to read and write.
- 10,965 women received vocational training.
- 600,000 mosquito nets were distrubuted.
- Over 200,000 blankets were given away.
- 1,245 medical camps were conducted in remote or needy communities.
- 4,673 communities needing clean water had a Jesus Well installed.
- 11,324 BioSand water filters were given to families and individuals.
- 6,364 toilets were installed in needy communities.
GFA is committed to honoring the Lord and your generosity by investing the maximum amount possible into programs that benefit people in spiritual and physical need throughout the world in Christ’s name. Currently, an assessed portion of each donation is used to help cover administrative expenses.
GFA retains discretion to use donated funds in any manner that serves the charity’s objectives, regardless of any particular designation, but we do so knowing your donation is a sacred trust that requires careful stewardship.
Because of our commitment to financial integrity, we have an ongoing process of internal review. We actively work to update our internal systems and procedures to meet best practices for Christian charities.
Some of our best practices include the following:
- We, and the members of our staff, subscribe to a written statement of faith upholding the historic biblical Christian doctrine. Faith in Christ, according to the Bible, is the objective of our financial policies and practices.
- We subject ourselves to annual and independent financial audits in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. GFA contracts with an auditing firm that is well equipped to assist the ministry in navigating the increasingly complex demands presented by the varying international environments within which we operate.
- Our guiding Scripture for all our fundraising efforts is 2 Corinthians 8:5, "They gave themselves first to the Lord, and then to us by the will of God" (NKJV). We believe that people should respond to us according to God’s leading in their life; therefore, we reject pressuring and manipulating people to give to the Lord's work.
- Donations to the ministry are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. We issue receipts for all gifts unless otherwise instructed.
- We respect the privacy of our ministry partners, and therefore, do not sell or rent their information to any third-party entities. We go to great lengths to keep secure the names and addresses of all our friends.
- We have an agreement with our field partners that allows GFA to efficiently deploy resources and communicate clearly regarding the use of all resources.
We strive to insure that all our work is accomplished according to standards that are above reproach.
All gifts to Gospel for Asia are subject to the Gift Acceptance Policy. Learn more about this policy as it relates to:
*Contributions are income tax deductible to the extent allowed by law and are made with the understanding that Gospel for Asia retains discretion to use donated funds in any manner that serves the charity’s objectives, regardless of any particular designation.