Financial Integrity & Gospel for Asia
Our Commitment to You
GFA is firmly committed to good stewardship of the funds entrusted to us by our friends and donors. For more than 35 years, we, as a ministry, have been committed to honoring Christ in how we share His message of grace and mercy and how we steward the finances entrusted to us.
In 2016, more than 84 percent of Gospel for Asia's operating budget was used to minister to people’s spiritual and physical needs, including supporting national missionaries, helping the poor, developing communities in Asia and providing disaster relief and compassionate care. One hundred percent of all donations raised for field ministries were sent to the field for their intended purpose.
Some highlights of how your donations helped the people of Asia in 2016:
- More than 600,000 families were helped through Christmas gifts.
- More than 6,800 communities needing clean water had a Jesus Well installed.
- 75,000 children received life-changing care through our Bridge of Hope program, receiving help with education, medical care and a regular nutritious meal.
- More than 21,000 women learned how to read and write.
- 381,412 women received free health care training to equip them to take care of their families.
- 600,000 mosquito nets were distributed.
- Thousands of worship communities were established.
GFA is committed to honoring the Lord and your generosity by investing the maximum amount possible into programs that benefit people in spiritual and physical need throughout the world in Christ’s name.
We are also committed to honoring your gift preference. On the occasion, though, that we receive more gifts than can be wisely spent on a given project, we use those funds to assist the ministry in other similar and related ways.
Because of our commitment to financial integrity, we have an ongoing process of internal review. We actively work to update our internal systems and procedures to meet best practices for Christian charities.
Some of those best practices include the following:
- We, and the members of our staff, subscribe to a written statement of faith upholding the historic biblical Christian doctrine. Faith in Christ, according to the Bible, is the objective of our financial policies and practices.
- We subject ourselves to annual and independent financial audits in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. GFA contracts with an auditing firm that is well equipped to assist the ministry in navigating the increasingly complex demands presented by the varying international environments within which we operate.
- Our guiding Scripture for all our fundraising efforts is 2 Corinthians 8:5, "They gave themselves first to the Lord, and then to us by the will of God" (NKJV). We believe that people should respond to us according to God’s leading in their life; therefore, we reject pressuring and manipulating people to give to the Lord's work.
- Donations to the ministry are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. We issue receipts for all gifts unless otherwise instructed.
- We respect the privacy of our ministry partners, and therefore, do not sell or rent their information to any third-party entities. We go to great lengths to keep secure the names and addresses of all our friends.
- We have an agreement with our field partners that allows GFA to efficiently deploy resources and communicate clearly regarding the use of all resources.
We strive to insure that all our work is accomplished according to standards that are above reproach.
All gifts to Gospel for Asia are subject to the Gift Acceptance Policy. Learn more about this policy as it relates to:
*Contributions are income tax deductible to the extent allowed by law and are made with the understanding that Gospel for Asia has complete discretion and control over the use of all donated funds.