Here is a copy of the statement of faith of Believers Church:
“Believers Church accepts the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, 66 books containing all things necessary for salvation, as the supreme and foundational standard of faith.
“We believe in the inerrancy of the Scripture, that the Bible, Old and New Testaments in the original autographs, is the inspired, infallible Word of God, a complete and final written revelation of God. (1)
“We believe in all the fundamental doctrines of evangelical Christianity. We believe in one personal, transcendent and holy God, the Creator of all who is eternal and who manifests Himself in three separate persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (2)
“We believe that Jesus Christ, though fully God, became a human, and that He is the promised Messiah, was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, provided for the atonement of our sins by His vicarious death on the cross, was bodily resurrected by the power of the Holy Spirit, ascended back to the right hand of God the Father, and ever lives to make intercession for us. (3)
“We believe that after Jesus ascended to heaven, He poured out the Holy Spirit on the believers in Jerusalem, enabling them to fulfill His command to preach the Gospel to the entire world, an obligation shared by all believers today.(4)
“We believe that all people are by nature separated from God and responsible for their own sin but that salvation, redemption and forgiveness are freely offered to all by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. (5)
“We believe that when people repent of their sin and accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord, trusting Him to save, they are immediately born again and sealed by the Holy Spirit, their sins are forgiven, and they become the children of God. (6)
“We believe in the person and work of the Holy Spirit, who indwells, seals and empowers all believers, uniting them into the Body of Christ. We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit for all believers who ask in faith, enabling them to be witnesses and preach the Gospel in power. (7)
“We believe that the truest mark and sign of a spirit-filled life is a life marked by love.
“We also believe that all the gifts of the Holy Spirit mentioned in the New Testament are for today and should be exercised within the scriptural guidelines for the edification of the body of Christ. (8)
“We believe that agape love is more important than all the gifts, and without this love, all exercise of spiritual gifts is worthless. (9) As a priority, Believers Church seeks to guide each believer into an intimate walk with Jesus, being conformed into His image. (10)
“We believe that Jesus Christ is the head of the Body, His Church, and that church governance should be Biblical and God honoring. We desire to be led by the Holy Spirit in all the functions and directions for the ministry of the church. (11)
“We believe in the second coming of Christ, and that it will be personal and visible. This motivates us to holy living, heartfelt worship, committed service, diligent study of God’s Word, Christian fellowship, baptism, Holy Communion and mission involvement. (12)
“We seek to teach the whole counsel of God’s Word in such a way that its message can be applied to an individual’s life, leading that person to greater maturity in Christ. (13)
“We believe in the resurrection of the body unto eternal life for the saved and eternal separation for the lost. (14)”
Learn more about Believers Church history and its practices.
- 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20–21; Matthew 5:18; John 16:12–13.
- Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19; John 1:1–2; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Philippians 2:6.
- John 1:1; Matthew 1:20–23; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Hebrews 1:3, 10:12; John 16:7–11; Matthew 19:28, 25:31; 2 Timothy 2:8.
- Luke 24:49; Acts 1:8, 4:8, 4:31.
- Genesis 3; Romans 3:23, 5:12; 1 John 1:8; Ephesians 2:3–10.
- Ephesians 1:7, 2:1–10; John 1:12.
- John 16:7–15; 1 Corinthians 12:13; 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:13; Matthew 28:16–20; Acts 1:8.
- 1 Corinthians 12, 14.
- 1 Corinthians 13.
- Romans 8:29; Philippians 2:1–7; 2 Corinthians 3:18.
- Ephesians 1:22, 4:1–16; 1 Timothy 3:1; Acts 14:23.
- Titus 2:13; 1 Corinthians 15:51–52; Acts 2:38–47; 1 Thessalonians 4:13–18; 1 John 3:2–3; 1 Corinthians 11:23–26.
- Isaiah 28:13; Acts 20:27; Nehemiah 8:8; Matthew 7:24; James 1:22–24.
- Revelation 20; Acts 24:25; John 5:28–29; Luke 16:19–31; 2 Corinthians 5:8; 1 Thessalonians 4:14–17; 1 John 3:2.