Gospel for Asia is firmly committed to good stewardship of the funds entrusted to us by our friends and donors. We promise to use your gifts wisely and effectively in Christ's name.
100% of what you give toward sponsorship goes to the field. This has been our practice from the beginning. Find out how.
Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA)
To ensure our financial accountability to you, our donor, we are a charter member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA).
We fully support the purposes and goals of the ECFA and display its seal proudly to reflect compliance with its membership standards.
Standards for Membership in the ECFA
- Every member organization shall subscribe to a written statement of faith clearly affirming its commitment to the evangelical Christian faith and shall conduct its financial operations in a manner which reflects generally accepted Christian practices.
- Every member organization shall be governed by a responsible board, the majority of whom shall not be employees/staff, and/or related by blood or marriage, which shall meet at least semiannually to establish policy and review its accomplishments.
- Every member organization shall obtain an annual audit performed by an independent public accounting firm in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards (GAAS) with financial statements prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Every member organization shall have a functioning audit review committee appointed by the board, a majority of whom shall not be employees/staff, and/or related by blood or marriage, for the purpose of reviewing the annual audit and reporting its findings to the board.
- Every member organization shall provide a copy of its current audited financial statement upon written request.
- Every member organization shall conduct its activities with the highest standards of financial integrity and avoid conflicts of interest.
- Every member organization shall ensure that its fund-raising appeals clearly identify the purposes and programs to which the donations will be applied and shall ensure that these donations are used for the purpose for which they were raised.
100% to the Field
Since the ministry began, we have sent 100% percent of what you give toward sponsoring a missionary or child to the field.
One hundred percent of contributions for use on the mission field are sent to the nations we serve and we have trusted the Lord to provide for our overhead costs.
At the same time, we do our part to keep these expenses very low. For instance, our home office staff members raise their own financial support, which covers their salary and benefits, helping keep our overhead costs at a minimum.
Our administrative costs are covered through donations designated "Home Office" or sometimes "Where Most Needed". The Lord has been faithful to meet our every need for over 30 years, and we give Him glory and thanks.
Best In America
The Independent Charities Seal of Excellence is awarded to the members of Independent Charities of America and Local Independent Charities of America that have, upon rigorous independent review, been able to certify, document, and demonstrate on an annual basis that they meet the highest standards of public accountability, program effectiveness, and cost effectiveness.
These standards include those required by the US Government for inclusion in the Combined Federal Campaign, probably the most exclusive fund drive in the world.
Of the 1,000,000 charities operating in the United States today, it is estimated that fewer than 50,000, or 5 percent, meet or exceed these standards, and, of those, fewer than 2,000 have been awarded this Seal.